Well I’ve made it. We’ve made it. I’ve been in LA six months and live to tell the tale. Time has flown by (although not the first six weeks). Sometimes I feel like we’ve been here forever and others I still feel like I’m finding my way around (not just geographically but socially).
I gave us 12 months to settle in given it’s not an Expat assignment and the kids are older so the school networks wouldn’t work the same. Turns out I was wrong.
The school community especially have welcomed us with open arms.
Settling in can still be a roller coaster but when I consider all the things we’ve done in the last six months, it’s incredible.
So far we’ve:
- Had seven lots of friends visit: either on-site at BH HQ or in LA
- Met dozens of new friends
- Been on the set of hit show, “Scandal”
- Lent our foley talent to the show “Revenge”
- Been to the Warner Bros/InStyle mag after-party of the Golden Globes
- Spent an amazing 24 hours in Palm Springs
- Been in the middle of several pap scenes at our favourite restaurants
- Seen Josh Jackson & Diane Kruger escape through the kitchen of same favourite West Hollywood restaurant to avoid the paps
- (I’ve) seen Joan Collins, Bette Middler, Gene Simmons, Jermaine Jackson Rod Stewart & too many to mention at the Golden Globes
- Been to our first Lakers’ game at the Staples Centre
- Been to Cabo San Lucas, Mexico
- Cruised up the Californian Coast from LA to San Francisco crossing off a major bucket-list item
- Been thrust into the heart of Hollywood and Beverly Hills (and live to tell the tale)
- (Nathan’s) been to his first Oscars event at the Beverly Hills Hotel
- Grown amazingly from the experience.
Oh, and I forgot the big one: started a Blog. Sounds surreal doesn’t it? I heart LA.
Have a great week.
xx It All Started in LA xx
WOw you sound as though you are “living the dream”
What does your husband do for work?
how exciting your life is at the moment!
It is pretty cool when you look at it like that! He is running the Creative Services division for a post-production company in Hollywood (colour, sound, distribution). Not bad for a Aussie boy who’s been in the IT&T industry all his life with no idea Hollywood would be on his resume. That makes it all the more exciting for us and all the more surreal.