Well I’ve made it. We’ve made it. I’ve been in LA six months and live to tell the tale. Time has flown by (although not the first six weeks). Sometimes I feel like we’ve been here forever and others I still feel like I’m finding my way around (not just geographically but socially).
I gave us 12 months to settle in given it’s not an Expat assignment and the kids are older so the school networks wouldn’t work the same. Turns out I was wrong.
The school community especially have welcomed us with open arms.
Settling in can still be a roller coaster but when I consider all the things we’ve done in the last six months, it’s incredible.
So far we’ve:
- Had seven lots of friends visit: either on-site at BH HQ or in LA
- Met dozens of new friends
- Been on the set of hit show, “Scandal”
- Lent our foley talent to the show “Revenge”
- Been to the Warner Bros/InStyle mag after-party of the Golden Globes
- Spent an amazing 24 hours in Palm Springs
- Been in the middle of several pap scenes at our favourite restaurants
- Seen Josh Jackson & Diane Kruger escape through the kitchen of same favourite West Hollywood restaurant to avoid the paps
- (I’ve) seen Joan Collins, Bette Middler, Gene Simmons, Jermaine Jackson Rod Stewart & too many to mention at the Golden Globes
- Been to our first Lakers’ game at the Staples Centre
- Been to Cabo San Lucas, Mexico
- Cruised up the Californian Coast from LA to San Francisco crossing off a major bucket-list item
- Been thrust into the heart of Hollywood and Beverly Hills (and live to tell the tale)
- (Nathan’s) been to his first Oscars event at the Beverly Hills Hotel
- Grown amazingly from the experience.
Oh, and I forgot the big one: started a Blog. Sounds surreal doesn’t it? I heart LA.
Have a great week.
xx It All Started in LA xx